Monday, July 27, 2009

Preparations and Farewells

I quit my job 30 minutes ago. They were surprisingly nice about it. I got a clothesline and a poncho last night. Was tempted to get a travel backpack but I just couldn't justify it. Present backpack works fine although the added carrying capacity might be useful.

After I collect and cash my final paycheck, I should be hitting the road this Friday, hopefully arriving Friday night or Saturday morning in Philadelphia.

I've acquired some writing paraphernalia for the trip so that I'm not chained to the laptop if I want to record any thoughts or experiences. My primary focus however will be on being there and experiencing the sights and people and not being a human camcorder.

Relaxed at the library today, pondered how nice it would be to have a companion on this trip like Kerouac had. Looks like I'll be on my own, I doubt I'll find anyone as mercurial as I am. We'll see.

It occurred to me today that I have an unusual number of scars for someone my age.

Time for me to get a couple pairs of shorts so that I don't continue to suffer in this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment